Finally! I’ve got some time to start this out. A bunch of friends have been asking me few details about their wedding, and it made me push myself to get this over and done with once and for all. Haha!
First things first my dear readers, all weddings are fun. Its really exciting as you work together on building your best day ever and trying to squeeze out all your energy to make it your first beautiful brainchild, that everyone will seem amazed and talk about after they attend that special day of yours.
But what you all have to realize, is that there is more to life than your wedding day. Yes. It is your big day but it is just a day. You won’t even notice it because it will end so fast. So based on my own experience as a bride (for 2 times), here are my key takeaways:
- Focus on yourself and your spouse-to-be. You are the reason why you are doing this. Not anyone else.
2. Your wedding, your rules. But never burn bridges. Its not gonna be the end of the world if people can’t make it to your wedding day.
3. I understand that planning the big day is never easy. But avoid feeling entitled on being spoiled like you will demand that everything should work on your favor. It’s not your debut party. Remember that it is your wedding.
4. Never forget where you both came from. I’m not saying that you should consider your family in all your decisions, but show some respect by taking this chance to honor them.
5. Your wedding is not a business venture where you will ask your rich family friends, or even distant relatives to be your principal sponsors. Your principal sponsors are your second parents who will be guiding you throughout your married life. They don’t have to pay your suppliers bills. No offense meant, but I’ve attended weddings where the couples aren’t even close to their principal sponsors and just dot them because of their probable donations.
6. Truly that there is a lot going on with weddings right now. Too much add on’s and unnecessary extras. But at the end of the day, it is your wedding day. You are free to choose what you and your partner wanted to have. The only compulsory thing that should happen that day is for the two of you to sign your marriage contract.
7. Never rush on finding your suppliers. Everyone will always put their best foot forward just to present the best appealing deal. These people will be your partner on making your dream wedding come to reality. Choose wisely.
8. It’s your big day. Don’t settle for less. But don’t push yourself on having something that will burn your savings. You will have a very long long life ahead after the wedding day. Not to mention more bills to pay. So don’t spend for everything on one day.
9. Your bridesmaids and groomsmen are your team mates. You didn’t have them in the list just to wear fancy dresses and suits or barongs and be specially mentioned in your invitation. Delegate tasks. No man is an island so this is the time to trust your friends to help you. So you gotta choose the ones that you really trust, and knows you from inside and out.
10. All happy brides and grooms have this certain glow on their wedding day. You don’t have to pay for the world to have that. Just be true to yourself, trust your suppliers, be a team with your entourage, and like I mentioned on the 1st pointer, focus on yourself and your partner.
Happy Preparation and Best Wishes! ❤
Following this entry will be our detailed review for our entire team, particularly on our chosen suppliers:
💒: Manila Metropolitan Basilica Cathedral (Manila Cathedral)
🎟: Ramon Magsaysay Center
On the Day 👩🏻💼: Kathryn’s Passion
🍽🍮🥂☕️ and Event Styling: Quido’s Grill and Cafe Catering Services
🍩🍪: The Perfect Blend
🎂: Her Sweet Tooth by TRD
🍻: Bulul Brewery
🍹: Mixed Mobile Bar
🐷: Elars Lechon
📸🎥: John Fojas Photography & Storyteller
Walking 📷🎞: Walking Photobooth
🕴🏻: @Arvin Atayde
🍦: Sumilang Ice Cream
🍱 during preps and for the crew: Delicious Gabe
Ceremony 🎶: Manila Cathedral-Basilica Choir and Manila Wedding Singers and Strings (A collaboration)
Reception 🎤🎼: GSeven Band
Entourage and Bridal 💐: Dangwa florist
🚗: Bridal Car Philippines
🚌: James Negrosa and the Negrosa Family
👩🏼&💄: Beauty Talks by Leyah
🧔🏻: The Spoiled Groom
💅🏻: Ate Tess of Nailaholics Taft Branch
👰🏻👗: Michelle Bridal Gallery
👰🏻👠: Gibi shoes
👰🏻👟: Mendrez Shoes & Bags, Zalora Philippines
🤵👕: EA Casedo’s Embroidery
🤵👞: Black Wing Shoes
Bible, Host and Wine: St. Paul Store
Unity Candles: Candles bought at The SM Store, DIY Decor
Arrhae: EM metal craft
Rings: EMO Jewelry
Wedding Cord, Garter: The Wedding Library
Entourage👗: Leslie’s Bridal
Entourage Barongs: Andrew and Jillian Bridal Boutique
Mother of the Bride’s 👗: G & J Bridal Boutique
Mother of the Groom B’s 👗: Michelle Bridal Gallery
Entourage Robes: Joel and Meanne Zapanta
Custom Flasks: Powersun Enterprises
Hotel Preparation Venue: Pan Pacific Manila